Friday, July 11, 2014

God is Always on Time Even in Life's Storms

To all who have lost a parent, this touching blog from Lorraine about her Mom's passing. Her eulogy that she gave at her mom's funeral was a strong witness of God's grace in life's storms. I hope she will publish this later. - Pastor Tom

On Friday June 27, 2014, the emergency phone call that I have been waiting for finally came. My mom passed away peacefully at home. She did not suffer and was not in pain.

Looking back in the past two months, God has prepared our family emotionally for mom’s passing, from our many family get-togethers, including my nephew’s most recent concert and dinner that we got to enjoy as a family the Sunday before she passed away, to how He has sent me to Alaska to provide me with the additional spiritual support I needed to battle this storm.

The most touching moment for me was when I dropped mom off at her condo that Sunday evening, mom actually said to me “thank you very much for everything, goodbye.”  Since mom was diagnosed with dementia, we rarely heard her talk.  She knew that was the last time she would see me and those were her last words for me, which will remain as my memory of her for the rest of my life.
Jesus brought mom home to be with Him at the most perfect time.  Mom said her goodbye to me with a smile on her face that Sunday evening.  She woke up on her last morning with us so that dad could see her and talked to her. She waited for her nanny to come home from grocery shopping so that dad is not alone in the apartment when she left. God picked a day when my brother was working from home so that he was close by and could be there quickly to say goodbye and to give dad the extra support he needed.  God is always on time, He is never early and He is never late.
 
The Bible says, “Blessed are those whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the Lord their God.” Psalm 146:5 (NIV).  “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV).

Finding hope in the midst of pain is to find Jesus.  I thank you for being part of my journey.  Because Jesus lives, we can all face tomorrow.  In Jesus’ glorious name I will continue to pray, and in His glorious name I will continue to praise!


Lorraine Fung
June 30, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment